Friday, April 08, 2005

chips

I just had a right good laugh at lunch today. A laugh at the Americans' expense - the best kind of laugh there is.

I was in the excellent cafe at work when I spotted fish&chips on offer. Being a traditional Friday favourite of mine, I made a bee-line for it.

Only to find loads of Americans clamouring to load up on fish & crisps. Yes, the chef had interpreted "chips" the American way and baked up loads of freshly baked crisps, which the Americans were loading all over the fish. They were loving it! Fish&crisps - brilliant. Bless 'em.

Even better for me was that they were also serving "Steak fries" which are essentially potato wedges in the UK, and gravy!

So I had my cake (fish&chips) and ate it. And a laugh at the Americans' expense included for free. Excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home