Thursday, March 03, 2005

A tribute to the ODB



This is the ODB and he's part of the Wu-Tang Clan, who I loved for years (but not now cos they're later stuff is poor). They rabbit on about Staten Island where they're from and I always wondered what it was like. Oh, he was shot dead last year. Probably his fault mind, he was a proper addict and psycho. But an unbelivably brilliant and inimitable MC.

So, with the ODB's fantastic debut album "Return to the 36 Chambers" blasting down my earholes I boarded the Staten Island ferry. Which turned out to be the highlight of the whole trip since Staten Island (correct me if I'm wrong) has absolutely nothing on it. Apart from some wildlife that you need a car to get to.

Returning to Manhattan, icy wind blasting in my face (photos to be uploaded soon - I look appropriately freezing), the gruesome aggression of "Proteck Ya Neck II in the Zoo" hurtling into my brain I felt sad that ODB's not around any more to make listeners go "what the... !?!" to his mad music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home