Thursday, February 24, 2005

Super-Sweet America

Everything here is super-sweet. Last week I had Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoe stew - which came with marshmallows on the top (???). Today I had a Hawaiian pizza which came with Glace cherry on the top (!!!).

The "healthy choice" Raisin Bran (TM) I have at home has sugar coated raisins. I saw a Danish pastry in the vending machine at work and couldn't resist. It's expiry date was March 2006 (God knows what E numbers afford that kind of half-life!), had 30g of fat and over 600 calories. Genius!

And today, after serving me my tasty Glace cherry-topped pizza, the chef said "It's been an absolute delight serving you today, sir". At least their Super-sweetness is consistent, I suppose.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Nummy! You can make any food taste nice by adding sugar. They're hiding their lack of culinery skill with simple carbohydrates.

4:56 pm  
Blogger Pete K said...

It's snowing like a crazy frozen piss-shower now. God is adding his own sugar coating to the land of the free...

5:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the updates Pete - keep em coming taff and guid luk fir the france game plus DUFC are on Sky sunday 12 noon non eastern or western standard time you SLT so dinnae miss it - how can i add my picture to my comment? I have a sweet one of me skiing

5:20 am  
Blogger Pete K said...

Watcha Dave, nice of you to drop in. I think you have to be a member of blogger.com (it's free) to get your pic up. I can't get my pic up because you have to load your pic from a URL of less than 68 characters in length!?!? What a stupid restriction.

Pete

10:16 am  
Blogger Stephen said...

Pete

Is this URL too long for a picture of you? :
http://www.biggerboat-filmquiz.co.uk/images/december2004third.jpg

It's a good 'un.

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home