Wednesday, September 28, 2005

!!! SOCHER FROM THE UNITED STATES !!!

Yes, tonight I played my first socher game for "Hudson FC". I couldn't remember the team name so I just shouted "come on the orange", "heads-up orange!" all match long. We play in an orange strip.

Here's my observations about SOCHER over the pond:
1. they all call the ref "Sir". "Oh COME ON Sir!". "Sir, that HAS to be a corner!". "Sir, sir, substitution please sir!". Hilarious.
2. they're bloody good. Higher level than I'm used to. I barely kept up.
3. they like fighting. There were 2 massive guys nearly duking it out on the pitch next to us and our centre-back was refrained from decking someone.
4. unlimited substitutions. We had no subs. The other team had 5. That made for a lot of running by our team since fresh legs kept on coming on.
5. At half time, everyone gets to suggest (politely and respectfully) 2 things that they think we could do better. Very "nice".
6. they don't swear. They must think I have Tourette's.
7. they fall over quite easily. I gave away a penalty. Whoops.

That is all for now, a post (with pics) of Pappa Chubby (blues guitarist I saw in a street fair) and his twin daughters coming soon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Welcome back to the USA Pete!

You can now set up word verification fopr comments on Blogger to avoid getting spam comments (like the one above). You may like getting these comments though - sometimes I pretend these people are my friends.

7:18 am  
Blogger Pete K said...

good shout, I was getting irritated by those comments. The automated ones, not yours SKT.

!! GO-TEAM SOCHER !!

8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Pete. Give em a kick for me! Shaun

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home